number 73

burgular

number 73

Postby burgular » Wed May 15, 2013 5:34 am

Hi
Ive just brought number 73
It is black in colour and an auto
There is no signature on the dash, the boot badge is missing, not the correct steering wheel and the wheels have been replaced
It has the plate under the bonnet and on the glove box lid
The compliance plate has the paint code as EE which I cant find anywhere model 18773 Trans B Trim G1 build date 5/89
Is there anyone I can contact for official verification any help would be appreciated

PatrickTT
Site Admin

Re: number 73

Postby PatrickTT » Wed May 15, 2013 8:00 am

Congratulations and welcome to the forum! I'll have a look through everything today but if you bought it from a guy called Graham then as far as we know it is legit.

I'll respond more later after some asking around :)

PatrickTT
Site Admin

Postby PatrickTT » Thu May 16, 2013 9:11 am

Does it have the Brock plate (with his signature) under the bonnet above the passenger side wheel? Or is that the Brock plate at the top?

db08
Site Admin

Postby db08 » Thu May 16, 2013 3:45 pm

Welcome to the forum.
The stuff that is missing can be replaced.
My ute was missing its Brock wheels too but I now have a set.
I'm sure we'll be able to sort out those few issues over time and it's great that we know another one is still in safe hands. :bravo:
Brock Falcon GLS (ex-Shannons Insurance) B'Ute, red. Build # 001 (avatar)
Brock Falcon 'S' Executive Performance Series 3, white. Build # 001 (below)

burgular

Postby burgular » Thu May 16, 2013 4:43 pm

Hi again
Thanks for your fast responses
The Brock plate is riveted above the passenger wheel arch. When i look at the other members pics I see the plates on the glove box are on the left on the lid and mine is on the right. The interior seem to be right as the front seats have paratus on them. Does anyone know if the dash decals are available or will I have to get it custom made. The car has a bit of rust and is black in colour. I would like to know if this is correct as I want it original. The spoiler on the boot is damaged as is the rear spoiler and they will need replacing. If anyone has or knows the history of the vehicle I would love to know more.
Thanks
Burgular

db08
Site Admin

Postby db08 » Thu May 16, 2013 5:19 pm

Patrick may be able to help with the colour, but as far as the decals are concerned I think they'll have to be replicas (as per original).
If you get stuck on that one I know someone who may be able to help.
I've never asked him to do any Brock stickers but he probably could.
He generally does Leyland P76 stuff.
Brock Falcon GLS (ex-Shannons Insurance) B'Ute, red. Build # 001 (avatar)
Brock Falcon 'S' Executive Performance Series 3, white. Build # 001 (below)

PatrickTT
Site Admin

Postby PatrickTT » Thu May 16, 2013 5:59 pm

It's awesome you want to bring it back to original, something I'm in the process of for my Fairlane. Make sure you post pictures along the way :)

As Dave said the wheels do pop up on eBay or gumtree from time to time so worth keeping an eye out. I think black is the original colour for it but checking up on it for you.

Badges on left or right of glovebox seems to vary a bit on the pics I have seen so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

There are also some original decals still around which I'm trying to get hold of so will let you know if I manage to get some!

Does it have the original exhaust still do you know?

burgular

Postby burgular » Fri May 17, 2013 2:38 pm

Me again
I have been sorting out a few things with the car today. Got power to the ignition and after a few attempts the motor is turning over. It was seized due to not being started for a long time, it also has a sump full of water and after checking the engine number its not original so I will be putting in a EL falcon motor as this seems to be my best cheap option. The car has 2 piece extractors fitted with a stainless steel heat shield so that appears to be right. After ringing ford today and giving them my paint code (which they cant find) and my vin which is 6FPAAAJG23KB24233 and appears on both the cars plate and rego papers the only info they could give me is the build date and that is all. Even the ford bloke said that was strange but I suppose that gives the car more credit towards being original. Does anyone know if any of these cars dashes were unsigned or has mine just been changed. Also did these car come with an imobliser as I removed mine today in the hope of getting the car started. Ill try to get some pics up soon but its going to need allot of work so to help fund this I'm going to sell my other project a 89 ford turbo capri which by the way has the same seat material as EA. Looking forward to your responses,
Burgular

PatrickTT
Site Admin

Postby PatrickTT » Fri May 17, 2013 5:27 pm

Wow I can't wait to follow the progress! Feel free to tell us a bit more about yourself over in the intro forum as well :)

I don't think all the glove boxes were signed either. Varies on the pics I have seen (and uploaded into the system) so I'm not sure there was a standard.

There is a ford website where you can put in your vin to find out more but that doesn't have the brock info either. As you say though, it makes it more legit because no other brock ford seems to come up in those and very little is known about them.

The dual exhaust sounds right as per the heat shield - that's what I had mine custom made to.

Have you got any other info on the falcons? I have the 5 magazines covering the progress of the prototype and they have loads of info in. Worth getting hold of on eBay or the like.

Return to “B8 Brock Falcons & Fairmont Ghias”